Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Trouble Free Gardens on a Budget "Part Three"

Who says Weeds Can't be Beautiful!!
Look at this wonderful tall plant....with the yellow flowers at the top....I think it's great!
Several of these have sprung up in front of my gardens by the barn.  I knew they were going to be great so I left them alone.  I think they are around 12 feet tall. 
My friend Gloria says it is called Mullein

I have several different color Hydrangea plants and several different types.  It helps to add interest to the garden when you have the same plant in several varieties.

 These are a variety called Lace Cap.  The blooms are entirely different and don't last as long

I also wanted to show you two of my Rose of Sharon that have just started to bloom this very morning

A few years ago I had a great idea that 
didn't cost me a penny. 
 We have a large barn roof that sends sheets of water down when it rains and washes out the driveway and the grasses below.  I started to collect rocks to make what I call my waterfall.  It took about 2 years to collect these rocks.  Every time I went out, I would look for rocks.  My husband thought I was completely nuts!
Some days I got 2 or 3.  Other times I would come home with a dozen.  You'd be surprised where you find rocks if you are really looking for them.  It really wasn't any work and it was a lot of fun.  Now my husband thinks I flood the upper driveway with this invention....I don't think that's true, but he is convinced....


 

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your photos!!! great post...lots of eye candy!!! Hydrangea is one of my favorites! I am so glad I have a few minutes to pop over and see some of my favorite blogs...AND leave a comment! have a great week...you should link into my friday flower flaunt with some of your pretties!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and read every single comment